Friday, April 09, 2021

To the New Norm!

Have you ever been so exhausted that all you can look forward to is just crashing out on your bed? I felt that way last night! All I wanted to do since yesterday morning was just sleep. Waking up to my kid's cry for various reasons and then getting up once my husband wakes me to get ready for work, followed by, honestly, just an extremely exhausting and tiring day....

So my day started like any other at 6.45am, little one will wake up for his milk and then decides that it's play time and because he loves watching the sunrise and cars drive by - he sings his Good Morning Mr. Sun song on the top of his lungs. :) he made this song up himself, so it's a different version everyday.

Once the kids are ready then my husband and I will get ready for work. Send the kids to school, I get dropped off at the office then my husband heads out for his day. I know he does a lot of standing and walking being a field engineer. For me, I totally get it, I use to be a field engineer for 6yrs before being moved to a depot service center. Recently, since this whole pandemic, both my husband and I spend pretty much all our day rushing and running between the various hospitals, clinics and home patients making sure that all the equipment are working and if not, we get them up and running ASAP! Patient's very honestly cannot exactly wait for their treatment. 

For my husband it's more ventilators and patient monitors (SpO2, Pulse, HR, BP). For me, it's home dialysis patients, infusion systems in the hospitals and pharmacy equipment making the IV drips and various drops and OT sealant machines.

This whole pandemic just turned out word up-side down, made both of us super busy and we just feel like we missed so much of our boys growing up during the past year. When this APAC role opened up, I as so excited to apply and even more so when I the position. It may mean more hours sitting in front of a computer than I am use to, but it allows me to be at home more and have, maybe not a lot, but a little more time with my kids and that makes the whole process seem like such a blessing to me.

Lastly, a huge salute to every single person who was stuck at home and had to fully and completely work from home! I seriously and whole-heartedly salute each and every one of you. It is not easy to juggle remote working, kids remote home-based learning. Many times it literally removed that line that clearly distinguishes between  work and home life. That balance shifted dramatically for a lot of people. 

As I look around at places opening back up and restrictions being eased, I smile. Because I am happy, truly happy that things are heading in a direction of possibly being normal again. Maybe not exactly the same but in that direction. 

To the New Norm!


No comments: