Sunday, April 03, 2005

Pope John Paul II (1920-2005)

Nothing can ever compare to a man of God's holy word!! today marks the passing of his Holiness Pope John Paul II. though he was a chatholic he was still a man of God and for that and his works i shall honour and praise him. not only did he help in the progresssion of the church but also the minds of people and their ways of belief. he nutured and raised the people's hearts and minds to be closer to God's. i really thank God for placing such a man here on earth, to touch and help the lives of so many around the world. he truely was an instrument of God and all His works, forever more able to, now and forever, praise and reign.

a man of such humbleness and kindness, God-fearing and loving. as i watched the tv this morning i couldn't help but really see how even children would just reach out to hug him. to me, even he seemed like a child with his smile and light in his eyes. a flame that will never go out as his impression in all our minds will remain etched forever carved in stone within our hearts as well. grace, honour, salvation!! only a mere few of all he stood for and tried to reach out and share, allowing us the people to have what he had as well. he blessed and he shared, whole-heartedly.

all of yesterday me and my mom watched the tv and everything and even though his condition was bad it did not hit me as anything major, in fact not much usually does and i thank God for that. as i sat there my mom was asking me how come i have no reaction to anything?? and all i could answer to her was, "Doesn't God alwaz take care of things in His own perfect time?" then she just looked at me like she was in disbelief but it's true. even this morning when i flicked on the tv to watch my morning program and then this announcement was being shown across the bottom of the screen when my mom came out and i told her he passed away, she made me turn it to CNN and she sat watching it, 9:37pm Rome time, he passed. even now she's still watching it. but i have now come to my room to study for tomorrow's test. but just can't help to walk out every now and then just to see what's going on.

"Even though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
Psalm 23:4

No comments: